Notification of Questions Asked?

Some of our users get notified by email when a question is asked in Questions but others don't.  Which notification setting controls this?

1 answer

0 votes

Notifications seem to primarily depend on which Topics you watch:

You can watch a topic to be notified when a new question is added. This is a great way to keep informed about what is going on in your site. 

To watch a topic:

1. Go to Questions > Topics
  2. Choose Watch next to any topics you wish to be notified about.

If you are an administrator you can also add and remove people from the watchers list for a topic. Navigate to the topic then choose Edit beside the Watchers list. 

You can see/test this on the Topics tab on this very site for example.

Strangely it isn't possible to watch all topics at once, however, you can watch all questions with the resp. Watch all button on the Questions tab of your instance (understandably not available on this site) - according to @Bill Arconati's response in the comments section, this is essentially the same as watching all current and future topic.

Still not working using your solution any other suggestion?

Space watch - ON

All Question watch - ON

Question watch - ON

Topic watch - ON 

Still not getting any email notification any suggestion what is cause? 

@Rikin Patel - probably not, but to better isolate this, are you using Questions for Confluence Cloud or Questions for Confluence Server?

I not sure about Confluence Cloud or Server but we are using following URL so maybe you will get some idea.

"somedomainName.atlassian.net/wiki"

probably its Confluence Cloud.

@Steffen Opel [Utoolity] Is any updates? still not received email notification on Questions updates.

Like 1 person likes this

Our users are not getting question updates either - including those who are watching all questions.  We're on Cloud.  What should we check to troubleshoot?

Hi guys,

We are facing the same issue: impossible to be notified on questions asked or answered on Questions for Confluence.

Are we missing a configuration ?

Thanks

Like 1 person likes this

Need an answer please.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,367 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you