Non-admin users cannot download attachments on a question

Janeka Handford May 8, 2019

Hello!

I have admin users and non-admin users.  Any user thats an admin can view and download any attachments thats posted to a question.  However, if you are a non-admin user - but have permissions to the space/page - they cannot download the attachment.  Users get a 404.  Using the same link - but with an admin account - the URL for the attachment works.   Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Janeka

1 answer

0 votes
Jennifer Hemmens May 13, 2019

Have you tried changing the attachment rights in the space permissions? These are to add or delete attachments so not necessarily to download them, but might be causing the problem anyway. So you could try changing them for non-admin users and see what happens!

Janeka Handford May 16, 2019

Yes.  The attachment rights in the space permissions are set correctly.  And I took a non-admin user and added them to the admin group and they are able to click on the attachment, view and download.  

Any other thoughts as to why this could be happening?

Janeka Handford May 16, 2019

even for non-admin users - i have "add" attachment selected and under "view" its selected.  But non-admin users cannot view or download ANY attachments thats posted under a question.  the issue only happens with Questions for a Space

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events