Need to reset Confluence Questions points for one user

Jan August 8, 2017

Hello everyone, I need some help: 

We have just implemented Questions for Confluence and migrated an internet forum before starting. Now the technical user we have taken for the import leads the score list by far. Therefore I would like to reset this user's points. We cannot delete the user as we still need it. Can anybody help out? Thanks :) 

Unbenannt.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

There is no way to reset the points in the browser but we figured out a way to do it in the database. 

Please back up your database before starting, and restart Confluence to pick up the new values when you finish running the SQL. These queries were tested on PostgreSQL, the syntax could vary slightly if you are using MS SQL, MySQL or Oracle.

First, find the user_key of the CLI User, by running this:

select * from user_mapping where lower_username = '<the lowercase login name of the CLI User>'

That will get you a result with a user_key that is associated with the user you want to delete points for.

Then, to delete all the CLI User's points, run this query:

delete from "AO_B1DBB9_VOTE"
where "TARGET_ID" IN (select contentid
from content
where contenttype = 'CUSTOM'
and pluginkey IN ('com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:answer', 'com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions:question')
and creator = 'user_key_from_previous_query')

I look forward to hearing how this works for you. 

Jan August 9, 2017

Ann, Thanks for your quick reply. I will check with our Confluence Admin and get back to you. Could be that my reply will need some weeks as everybody is on holiday at this time.

Jan August 9, 2017

Ann, Thanks for your quick reply.

I will check with our Confluence Admin and get back to you.

Could be that my reply will need some weeks as everybody is on holiday at this time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events