Migration from Wikispaces to Confluence Cloud

Tatum Bisley March 16, 2018

This question - or similar - has been asked and discussed, but no answer has been found. This is because either - the correct response was some time ago an no longer valid - or no one has bothered answering. 

I'm not being optimistic

I have a large Wikispace repository that was the sole point of documentation for a product (mobile, web, lambas etc etc). 

With the news of Wikispaces shut down, I am now looking for an alternative.  As my organization used Jira for development - it made sense to use confluence. 

Wikispaces can export in a number of formats - with only PDF and HTML being useful (other wiki's are supported but Confluence doesn't support any other wiki format). 

How can i get my export in conflunece with the links (content linking to pages, with images etc in those pages linking to the files etc) in an easy way?

I've looked at UWC - but that doesnt' seem to work/or be supported anymore. 

Please can you help here?  Otherwise, i'll have to use an alternive wiki service (of which i'd rather not do). 

Thanks, 

3 answers

0 votes
zk2172 April 14, 2018

I am in a similar need as Tatum (and probably many others). Migrating wikispace (I have about a dozen sites) to confluence. Indeed, it would be great if a good process existed.

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2018

Hey Tatum, 

Have you checked this app for Confluence Cloud ? Confluence universal importer 

I think it should work! 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2018
Tatum Bisley March 18, 2018

Thanks Fadoua. 

I'm importing as we speak... fingers crossed. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2018

Wishing you all the best @Tatum Bisley!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2018

Please keep us posted on how it went.

It didn't go so well. 

The contents page with af ew hyperlinks imported and so did about 3 pages. 

But then it didn't progress. 

I waited about an hour and still no progress. 

So perhaps, there is a link to an image of something that threw it off 

A shame really. 

What do you think Faboua?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2018

I know that Confluence requires more space, memory, JVM. Do you think increasing time out will help?

I am not that advanced in Networks but i do know that sometimes some configuration needs to be changed until we achieve the results we are looking for.

I am so sorry that it didn't go well, if a plugin can not do it there must be another way. I don't think you should give up. Let me ask around and also let's tag @Hermance NDounga if Atlassian team has another suggestion.

I'll have a look at that tomorrow.

And yes, thanks for helping... Hopefully Hermance will have an idea... 

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

I don't see any other specific solution to move from Wikispaces to Confluence, but usually, the Universal importer is working, so I would suggest that you leave a comment on the marketplace page of the app... 

Tatum Bisley March 19, 2018

Ok sure. That makes sense. 

Well thanks for helping... I'll try out your advice...

As soon as (optimism) it all works out - i'll report back here with the solution as i'd imagine this requirement will grow as it gets closer to Wikispaces Pro end date - Sept 2018

Tatum Bisley March 19, 2018

Temporarily, currently only sysadmin can change indexing language and reindex all documents. Contact Atlassian Support if you need help.

@Fadoua Did you have any luck here? 

@Hermance NDounga I want to try the Connection Timeouts first before i raising this with the marketplace product page. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2018

@Tatum Bisleyall my experience has been with server instances. Try to increase the time out and see if it will help. I wish I had something to import from Wiki, I would have tried it on my Dev server with the plugin Hermance mentioned. If you run into an issue again then definitely try to open a ticket with the vendor as most of them try to help in any way they can.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2018

Hi Tatum,

I know what you are facing, I was in similar situation in the past, unfortunately the plugin they were referring to didn't work for me.

Let me ask an Atlassian Engineer for help. Thank you for your patience!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events