Make 'Ask question/Save' button send an email instead of posting the question

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

Hi,

i would like to give the 'Ask question'/'Save' Button another function. Instead of asking the question - it should send the question to an Questions Admin where it's checked and will be postet by this question admin. 
Reason is - most of the people are not comfortable with asking a question and so avoid using questions. 

The nicest solution would be using the 'Ask question' button to come to the creation page where you can choose space and/or topics - when you finished your question, picked your topic(s) and wrote all informatione
-> the 'Save' Button would create the email and not posting it in questions.
Like those email notifications you get when you watch a certain topic. 

Would be awesome if anyone could help - or just tell me if that's even possible :)

Thanks Fabienne

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi Fabienne,

Save for re-writing the code entirely, this is not possible in Questions.

We do have a feature request to include a moderator in Questions, which could possibly answer your requirement. I would recommend voting on this and comment there with your exact usage requirement:

Thank you for your understanding! 

Regards,

Shannon

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

Hi Shannon,

thanks for your answer... hope this is going to help.

best regards

Fabienne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events