Is there a way to edit other users Questions?

Frank Connolly April 25, 2019

Within the Questions section of Confluence users often ask Questions within a Space I am an owner of. I encourage people to use the Questions feature however the questions can be poor quality. Currently there is no way for me as an owner to edit the question on their behalf to make it more readable (code snippets within macros etc). 

Instead I have to comment on the question and hope the person is responsive. 

Is there any current feature or incoming feature that would allow owner editing of Questions? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Costa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Hello Frank,

To the best of my knowledge Users with Confluence Administrator permissions can edit other users' questions. Being an admin of a particular space is not enough.

There is however the option to enable curation of questions and answers by other users based on their reputation points.
This is mentioned in the last sub-section of the Permissions page of the Questions for Confluence Documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/permissions-407724476.html?_ga=2.260650381.1491465428.1557733460-565648121.1556781755#Permissions-RepBasedPermissions

Users with 500 points can edit another user's question, answer or comment if the reputation based permissions is turned on by the Confluence Admins.

As per the above page, to turn on reputation based permissions:

1. Go to  > General Configuration > Confluence Questions Customisation.
  2. Select Reputation Based Permissions
  3. Choose Save.

I understand that this is not the answer to your question, as turning on reputation based permissions will allow other users to also edit the questions not only you on the Space that you administer. However this might be a workaround solution that works for your scenario.

Since I was not able to find any existing Suggestion for such a feature, I do not believe this, allowing a Space administrator to edit questions, has been considered yet.

James Bedwell June 2, 2019

Hi @Bruno Costa - is there a mechanism for creating a Confluence Administrator who ONLY has the ability to administrate questions and nothing else? We are wanting to create super users who can administrate our Confluence Questions plugin but nothing else - and the Reputation Based Permissions doesn't really work for us as we don't want anyone else editing questions and answers.

Like Bruno Costa likes this
Bruno Costa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hello @James Bedwell ,

Sorry I only noticed this latest question today.

Unfortunately the only permission level you can set for Questions is the access to it, by enabling or disabling the "Use Confluence Questions" for particular groups.
There is no administration rights specific for Questions, it uses the same admin groups and admin permissions set for Confluence.

Regards,
Bruno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events