Is it possible to reassign points to a different answer in Questions?

If an answer is upvoted but later is determined to not be the best answer is it possible to reassign points from one answer to another?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @Russell Wurth

Rather than trying to put your backlog in as questions have you considered writing them in Confluence as FAQs or How To Articles?

Phill

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 04, 2016

Each individual vote (up or down) can be changed at any time by the person who made it. However, the question asker cannot re-assign the votes made by other users.  

The question asker can change which answer is marked as the Accepted answer at any time.

Thanks Joseph.

I have a follow on question.

I have a backlog of questions and answers in email form in Outlook.

In Questions - I  want to ask these backlogged questions and also enter the answer to the questions, but rather than have these questions and answers show up under my name, I want to assign the question to the actual Confluence user that asked the question and assign the answer to the actual Confluence user that supplied the answer. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Essentially I'm trying to back fill our Questions database with our old questions and answers. 

Alternately is there a way to forward an email with the question to Confluence and have the email converted to a question by the sender of the email?

Thanks,

Steve

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2016

You can't ask questions on behalf of another user, unfortunately. However, depending on your programming skillset, there is a REST API which allows you to "import" content - and this does let you specify arbitrary authors for each question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

225 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you