Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to reassign points to a different answer in Questions?

If an answer is upvoted but later is determined to not be the best answer is it possible to reassign points from one answer to another?

3 answers

Hi @Russell Wurth

Rather than trying to put your backlog in as questions have you considered writing them in Confluence as FAQs or How To Articles?

Phill

0 votes
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 04, 2016

Each individual vote (up or down) can be changed at any time by the person who made it. However, the question asker cannot re-assign the votes made by other users.  

The question asker can change which answer is marked as the Accepted answer at any time.

Thanks Joseph.

I have a follow on question.

I have a backlog of questions and answers in email form in Outlook.

In Questions - I  want to ask these backlogged questions and also enter the answer to the questions, but rather than have these questions and answers show up under my name, I want to assign the question to the actual Confluence user that asked the question and assign the answer to the actual Confluence user that supplied the answer. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Essentially I'm trying to back fill our Questions database with our old questions and answers. 

Alternately is there a way to forward an email with the question to Confluence and have the email converted to a question by the sender of the email?

Thanks,

Steve

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2016

You can't ask questions on behalf of another user, unfortunately. However, depending on your programming skillset, there is a REST API which allows you to "import" content - and this does let you specify arbitrary authors for each question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

76 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you