cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to have Bamboo, Crowd, JIRA, Fisheye, Stash/Bitbucket, and Confluence share a single Oracle database (with seperate schemas)?

Is it possible to have Bamboo, Crowd, JIRA, Fisheye, Stash/Bitbucket, and Confluence share a single Oracle database (with seperate schemas)?

Jackie Brennan May 10, 2016

I have been tasked with migrating Bamboo, Crowd, JIRA, Fisheye, Stash/Bitbucket, and Confluence from MS SQL server to Oracle 11.2.  My plan is to have one database with multiple schemas.  Is this a recognized approach?  Is there any documentation that can outline specific order or tasks that need to be accomplished prior to the migration? 

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

The nice easy answer - yes.

I can't actually add a lot - you're running a database service, you'll set up a separate database schema for each application, and as long as the hardware can handle the load, it's all fine.  You don't need to do anything special or different.

For migration, follow the guide for each application in turn - it doesn't matter that they'll all end up in the same service.

0 votes
Erika Whittome May 16, 2018

I agree you can have separate schemas in an Oracle database. You can separate the workload to an extent if the database administrator can set up separate "services" as well. This will mean you have a different database connect string to the one database for each application you want in there.

0 votes
Jackie Brennan May 10, 2016

That's great to know, Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events