Is it possible to get the notifications bar similar to what StackOverflow has?

steve_dunn April 23, 2019

e.g. this on StackOverflow:

so.png

This shows change in reputation points, and any of my questions that have new answers/comments or answers that have new comments.

We're trialling CQ and I feel that this is a vital ingredient that is missing that will stop our usage from gaining the critical mass to be a success.

Without this, users have to hunt around for these things, which a lot of users won't do.  They also won't read the notification e-mails as our company already drowns in automated e-mails!

I was looking at the REST API and thought that might help, but there doesn't seem to be a way of knowing when the user last visited the site so that we could develop a plugin to search for their questions/answers that have been modified since their last visit.

Any advice welcome!

2 answers

0 votes
steve_dunn September 30, 2019

No, it's not possible.  For anyone else thinking of taking the time to suggest a feature or improvement, consider that nearly everything submitted is in the state of 'gathering interest'

It's seem Questions for Confluence is a product that they don't wish to support or improve.  

It would be better if this product didn't exist at all, that way we could justify spending a bit extra and getting StackOverflow.  But as it is, the bean counters simply say 'use Atlassian, it's cheaper'.

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2019

Hello Steve and welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear you’re trying out Confluence Questions. The idea of having a feature similar to StackOverflow menu bar is an interesting one. I sifted through all of our Feature requests for Confluence questions and did not find one similar to this. With this said I have created a feature request on your behalf for this idea. You may find this request at CONFSERVER-58222. I was unable to set you as the reporter right now since you currently don’t have an account within that system. I will check back to see if you’ve created an account and set you as the reporter.

There is another feature request that looks to add gamification to Confluence Questions. This feature request may be found at CONFSERVER-51760. We would suggest you vote and watch this question to receive updates.

For the item of extending the REST API I have also created a feature request for this. You may find this request at CONFSERVER-58222. Same would apply, vote and watch for future updates.

While this does not provide an answer to a workaround to get what you need, we hope you that you understand we take this type of feedback and ideation very seriously and want to ensure you know we consider all ideas when adding functionality to the product.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

steve_dunn August 1, 2019

Thanks, I left a comment on the ticket.  It seems nobody is interested in it, which I find surprising;  the lack of it really does create a disjointed UX

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events