Is it possible to create a community for our users?

Lana Gabriel January 3, 2023

We currently use Tribe as a community page for our users to ask questions about our product but since we're using Confluence and Jira already, we'd love to host the community within Atlassian. Is that possible? I know you have your own community functionality but can't find anything about us hosting a group or the rules/way to do so.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The software running this site is built for communities, much like Tribe is, albeit Atlassian have coded a bit for it as well.  The previous incarnation was actually Atlassian's Confluence with "Questions for Confluence" installed on it!

Given that, I'd say the answer to your question is "yes, with apps".  I don't think Confluence is good as a community forum or Q&A platform on its own, but if you add Questions for Confluence to it, or one of the forum apps, then it can do an excellent job. 

Blatant advert bit - we've got two clients who make a lot of use of the Adaptavist forum app to extract and convert questions asked in the fora into knowledge base articles for their helpdesk.  And more who do the same with Questions for Confluence.  Forums and questions are a great place to generate help!

Lana Gabriel January 5, 2023

Thank you for your response Nic! I peaked at Adaptavist and the Questions for Confluence.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Lana Gabriel welcome to the Atlassian community.

I'm lopping Monique vdB for better assistance to your query.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events