Is atlassian Answers available for my company? I'd like to use it as a knowledge base

M February 12, 2012

We need a knowledge base like Atlassian answers and the wiki doesn't really do the right job.

Is Atlassian answers a product we can use?

10 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2012

Update:

We've announced Confluence Questions! Check out the Beta: https://www.atlassian.com/questions

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Are the new features of Answers also being pushed into this repo?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2012

I'll pull them in every so often. I haven't done these most recent changes yet.

Peter April 29, 2013

Is this project still active? When I go to the repo I get: "You do not have access to this repository". Is this product already commercial in the meanwhile? Thx.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
April 29, 2013

We hid our fork for the time being. We're in discussions on how to offer this in the right way.

lorenooliveira September 25, 2013

Jeremy, is there any update about opening atlassian-osqa?

7 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Hi Chance,

Atlassian Answers is built using OSQA - http://www.osqa.net/ - a free, open source Q and A system. So not an Atlassian product, but something that is available for you to download and deploy at your own organisation.

Hope that helps,

Andrew.

1 vote
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

I'm interested in this as well. Any update?

1 vote
Dane Sarcone June 13, 2013

Any updates if Atlassian will be releasing "Anwsers" would be nice to have it with a crowd integration. Or even as a beta would great as-well

1 vote
Jonathan Blackburn April 15, 2013

Yes, I am interested, as well. Too bad - the answers site is VERY nice. I can imagine it being a product in itself (probably what someone is thinking already, I am sure). . . . Maybe, integrated into JIRA and/or Confluence??

1 vote
OmairM April 15, 2013

@Jeremy: Any updates on this?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2013

Not yet. We're considering how to handle Q & A in our product portfolio.

0 votes
Hung Dinh October 20, 2013

Any update on this Jeremy?

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2013

Confluence questions is the go-forward approach Atlassian is taking to provide a solution. It's currently in beta. You can sign up here: https://www.atlassian.com/questions

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2013

Yes, that's right.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2013

Nevertheless, and IANAL, but the licence requires that the source code be made available.

0 votes
Sean Thayne August 6, 2013
Also very curious.
0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2012

We're going through a security audit before opening it up. I'll post back here when I have the code available for download.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Great... GPL is viral isn't it... don't you also have to release code for everything you integrate OSQA with?!

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2012

We've just changed some hard-coded credentials in favor of configurable options for ldap login, that's all. We'll open it up without the hard-coded values.

Jon Sheppard March 4, 2013

Are you still planning to make this code available for your customers to download and run?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2013

We haven't made progress on it yet, but I'll post back once there's an update.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

I'm interested in this as well. Any update? I see below your last update was April 16th.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

I would try to get Jeremy's changes as it's a lot better than it was originally, unless the trunk code has moved on.

I think OSQA is GPLv3, so presumably Atlassian have to contribute the code back...?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events