I cannot re-order columns using Jira issue/filter macro on the Confluence page

Owen Skyers March 1, 2018

I cannot re-order columns using Jira issue/filter macro on the Confluence page

3 answers

1 vote
Evan June 25, 2020

You can reorder columns by going into HTML mode on the page (click the "< >" in the top right), finding the macro and then editing the HTML. On my server the macro looks like:

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="jira" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="snip">
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">key,summary,type,priority,assignee,status,resolution</ac:parameter>

So I modify the columns manually. On pages with a bunch of gadgets queries it's a handy way to give the columns a consistent ordering as well. 

0 votes
Léo Dellouve October 21, 2019

Hi,

I'm looking at the Atlassian enhancement request on this subject, but didn't find any, did you submit it?

=> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-43586?jql=text%20~%20%22change%20column%20order%20Jira%20issue%2Ffilter%20macro%22

Thanks,

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

Hi Owen, Welcome to community!

Here is an example using a filter. Make sure you click on the magnifying glass to the right of the filter search to bring up the options, and then click into "Display options".

To re-order the columns, you have to delete each field in "Columns to display" by clicking on the x to the right of it. Then type in the fields in the order that you want. Click on "Insert" and preview your page.

Let me know if this helps!

2018-03-08_1132.png

Mike Levings October 3, 2018

That's not really re-ordering is it!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

@Owen Skyers was that the kind of re-ordering you were looking for? If so, can you accept the answer. 

If not, let's continue searching for a solution for you :)

@Mike Levings can you create a new question with what you are looking to do with re-ordering, and we can use a new thread to discuss?

David Fogarty February 4, 2019

Perhaps a rephrase: is it possible to drag a column title to the left or right in the columns to display box without removing all columns and restarting?

Like # people like this
Amos Shahor July 23, 2019

It does solve the issue, but it's a workaround.

I'd expect some easier way for doing it, e.g. drag-and-drop in the table itself, or at least in the edit menu, instead of requiring the user to delete and re-insert the list. 

Like # people like this
Kaz September 12, 2019

That's not reordering. If I have 8 columns to display and I want to move column 8 to 2, then you're asking me to remove 7, add the column I want and redo all the others. How can you even expect me to accept that as a solution? Like Amos said, it's a workaround, not a "solution". Fix it please

Like # people like this
srdan_srepfler October 12, 2023

Drag and drop of columns to reorder them seems as a no-brainer request.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events