I am getting email Notofications for Questions that I am not allowed to see. Why?

When watching "All" at Confluence questions, I am notified by email about questions that have been asked in spaces where I do not have access to. Both links to the question itself and to the respective page are giving me an error "page not found". In my opinion a notification only makes sense for users with access to the question. It is also critical as we are using questions for confidential topics where even the question title which I can see in the notification should not be visible to anyone without access. 

1 answer

0 votes

I am not able to reproduce the issue; I believe that was fixed already

Out of curiosity, which version of Confluence are you on ? cloud ? server ?

The latest similar issue that I am aware of, and which also got fixed recently is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-52763

I hope this answers your question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

932 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot