How to move a user from internal directory to LDAP directory in Confluence with API

Hi,

How is it possible to move a user from a directory (internal) to another (LDAP) in Confluence with using a confluence API.

I wrote a Python program using xmlrpc api to create a user and it has been created into the internal directory (should be the default one with addUser xmlrpc method). But now I need to move it to the LDAP one (because authentication with password, etc).

Thanks for your help,

Fabien

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 07, 2017

The best way to add a user to an LDAP directory is via the LDAP tools. You may add a user with the same name as the internal user to your LDAP directory and providing the LDAP directory is higher in the User Directory hierarchy, the LDAP user will be "seen" as the same user. Please see Managing Multiple Directories for the effects of directory order on group memberships and logins.

Please check out the different types of LDAP User Directories to make sure you configure the one that is best for your use case: The difference between connector and delegated LDAP user directories

Many thanks for your reply Ann,

I moved up the LDAP directory in the first position and that makes the trick.

Best,

Fabien

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

820 views 5 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot