Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a user from internal directory to LDAP directory in Confluence with API

FabienA July 7, 2017

Hi,

How is it possible to move a user from a directory (internal) to another (LDAP) in Confluence with using a confluence API.

I wrote a Python program using xmlrpc api to create a user and it has been created into the internal directory (should be the default one with addUser xmlrpc method). But now I need to move it to the LDAP one (because authentication with password, etc).

Thanks for your help,

Fabien

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2017

The best way to add a user to an LDAP directory is via the LDAP tools. You may add a user with the same name as the internal user to your LDAP directory and providing the LDAP directory is higher in the User Directory hierarchy, the LDAP user will be "seen" as the same user. Please see Managing Multiple Directories for the effects of directory order on group memberships and logins.

Please check out the different types of LDAP User Directories to make sure you configure the one that is best for your use case: The difference between connector and delegated LDAP user directories

0 votes
FabienA July 10, 2017

Many thanks for your reply Ann,

I moved up the LDAP directory in the first position and that makes the trick.

Best,

Fabien

Kagithala Babu Anvesh March 11, 2020

Hi @FabienA 

This is anvesh  Jira / Confluence Admin.

when you moved the new directory into top, new user will be created with top directory.

when a user existed in in internal directory with (XYZ user name) | the same username in New directory.

when this case appears , when you search for an user, the user will be displayed in both the directories.

How did you sorted this.

Thanks in Advance,

Anvesh 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events