How to manage so many topics in Confluence Questions?

Ky Pham July 20, 2014

Hi,

We have just adopted Confluence Questions, but with just 70 questions, the number of topics seem exploded.

It is very hard to look. Is there a way to group the topics in way?

Thanks,

Ky

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

I found with our Confluence Questions implementation that it was important to have a topic naming standard and then pre-define the topics. In this way, users are less likely to come up with their own topics. The most important/high use topcis should go in as featured topics.

I used automation to pre-define the topics using Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) and the addTopic action (currently in the 4.0 release). For example:

--action runFromList --common "-a addTopic --topic @entry@ --featured" --continue --list "featured1,featured2"
--action runFromList --common "-a addTopic --topic @entry@" --continue --list "topic1,topic2"

Ky Pham July 21, 2014

The flat structure is good when we have only a few topics. But more than 10, I guess we need a way to group it - even multi-level.

Without that ability, I doubt that Confluence Question can be a good tool for knowledge management.

Ky Pham July 26, 2014

Is there a way to know the roadmap for the topics? I hope they will do something for this one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events