Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable permission application when users do not have permission for one specifc space?

Cindy February 25, 2021

Hi all,

I am one Confluence admin in our company, here I met one issue about the permission management.

When users do not have permission for one specific space, it just shows no permission or page not exist. Users do not know who is the space owner and do not know how to apply permission and access.

Is there any way to enbale one online access request to the space admins in this case? For example showing one application form to let users write down their comments and submit, then the space admins will receive the request and then handle it.

Take MS SharePoint as one example, when a user do not have permission for one sire, it shows below request form to let user apply permission directly. Then all site owners will receive the request.

捕获.JPG

Any plugin or any solution to realize this?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Yes, the solution is to grant the user permission for the space and pages they need to see, and restrict the others away from them.

Cindy March 21, 2021

Hi, really thanks for your answer.

So my concern is when one user do not have permission for one space, how could he/she apply the permission to the space admin directly. Most of the cases the user do not know the space admins.

If there is one application form to let him/her submit one online request, that will be much helpful.

Take MS SharePoint as one example, when a user do not have permission, it shows below request form to let user apply permission directly. Then all site owners will receive the request.

捕获.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

If someone has no permission for a space, then they can't touch the admin of it as well as all the content (unless, of course, they are a system admin, in which case they can always administrate stuff)

Confluence does have a request access on restricted pages, assuming the user is logged in.  I'd also think about enabling "contact administrators" as an option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events