How do i delete a topic in Confluence Questions

I created two topics as a test and it does not let me delete one.?

Second, is there a way to have it so that certain topics are only visible to certain groups?

Thanks,

Rita Kumar 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rita, 

You can only delete a topic if you have Administrator permission and if there isn't any comments or users assigned watching it. In this link you can get more information. 

To change the permissions on Confluence Questions (if the user doesn't have it yet), please check this link.

All the best,

Renato Rudnicki

Thanks one other question... when i was asking about permissions...

I mean is there a way to restrict certain topics to certain groups... the page you shared does not discuss that.  If not, are there any plans to add that?

Thanks

Hi Rita, Sorry, but I'm afraid I didn't understand your question about sharing the page... Could you clarify it to me or give an example? Cheers, Renato Rudnicki

What I mean is... I create a topic called development- is there a way for one to restrict q &a on that topic to a group both viewing and comments... or is it everyone (who is granted permissions to questiosn) has access to see all topics in questions

@Renato Rudnicki your answer is helpful, but I seem to have a topic with 0 watchers and 0 questions but no "delete" link. What else is required to delete a topic ?

Why would you restrict deleting tags to admin users, when you let literally every half-wit with less than a brain cell create new tags?

In my opinion, you have these permissions backwards. You should be restricting creation of garbage tags instead.

Hi, I need to do a slighly different thing - delete a topic under a question. I'm a space admin on confluence, some users while asking questions are adding topics. Very often those topics are not correct. How do I delete / change a topic under a question? If I try I get "Access denied" message. 

topics.png

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rita, I'm afraid what you want to do isn't possible. If you allow a group or a user to see / answer on Confluence Questions, he or she will be able to do it in all topics. I didn't find another way to restrict access by topics. However, there's this feature request for it. Please vote on this case to increase visibility.

All the best,

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

36 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you