How do I split a Confluence table row from one into 3

Clare Morey December 21, 2020

I need to split a confluence table row - the first cell must be merged but the other cells need to be split into 3 separate cells, So in the example below I would like to keep the Capital City as one cell but have the other two rows split in to 3 rows to accommodate the staff name and email. Thanks.

confluence splitting cells.png

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020
Clare Morey December 22, 2020

Thanks @Ollie Guan  - that looks like the best way to go :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hi Clare,

Step 1 - Edit your Confluence page, using the "Insert Table" option create a 3*4 table (where first row is the header)

Step 2 - In Column-1, select row-2,3 and 4 together, then press "Merge cells" option (an icon available at top of the page). This will merge the 3 cells into 1.

Hope this helps.

Karishma Yalamanchili July 25, 2022

@Vinod Ramadoss @Ollie Guan How can we do this for numbered columns? For example, if the same above table has numbered column. It is giving me the numbers for the merged cells. 

0 votes
Amna Shahbaz March 29, 2022

Hello Someone Help me please i was stuck one point. Why my table show in the confleune like this i attach the pic what happnd with it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events