How do I see all Topics in Questions for Confluence?

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Hi there! My organization uses Confluence Server 6.12.2 and we have Questions for Confluence 2.6.15.

For some reason, when I navigate to Questions>Topics, I only see 8 Topics when I know we have way more than that. When I search for known Topics, nothing displays. Only those initially displayed 8 are searchable in the Topics tab.

I am a Confluence administrator, and we have no "Featured Topics."

How can I view just a list of all the Topics in our Confluence instance? I need to edit a few and provide descriptions/make some featured. However, since they don't appear when searching for them in the Topics tab, I don't know how to get to the edit function.

Thanks for any help! Is this a bug I just missed?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Yes, it seems that rebuilding the search index, solved this issue.

Vasileios Mantikos November 17, 2022

Hi @Zim __Appfire__, may I ask how do you rebuild the search index?

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Hi @Vasileios Mantikos - at the time I wrote this I was on Confluence Server. Here is the Atlassian documentation.

Vasileios Mantikos December 9, 2022

Hi @Zim __Appfire__ , thank you for responding. In our case the problem was that the "Questions" space had been archived. Once restored, the topics returned to the tab.

Like Zim __Appfire__ likes this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

Hi @Vasileios Mantikos

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to solve your mystery.

Happy Confluence'ing.

-Andrew

0 votes
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2019

Would rebuilding the search index within the Admin General Config settings be a possible solution here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events