Error in pages ask question, comment, save after DB Update

Prameesha Samarakoon November 4, 2014

Hi, 

I have added some questions manually to the confluence database 'Content' and other related tables. The question gets added and displayed accurately. But commenting , adding answers to the question, asking new questions do not work and throw the following error. 

org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: could not insert: [com.atlassian.confluence.core.BodyContent#9470043]; SQL []; ORA-00001: unique constraint (CONFLUENCE0707.SYS_C00137563) violated; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CONFLUENCE0707.SYS_C00137563) violated

I've checked the cause for this and it seems to be due to confluence maintaining the max ID of the content table pre-record insertion. So obviously as I have manually entered a record for that ID, an error is thrown. The workaround for this was to refresh the ask questions page till the content ID 

[com.atlassian.confluence.core.BodyContent#9470043];

exceeds the actual max ID of the content table. I've also tried re-indexing confluence and committing the database to no avail.

The question is:

How does confluence get the next ID for the content/ BodyContent table when a user tries to add a question and why does it keep incorrect values for the maxID . Also how could this error be eliminated.

Your suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2014

You should not have inserted anything into the database, especially while it was running.

I would strongly recommend stopping confluence, removing what you added, restart it, reindex it and then do your inserts via the API.

It's keeping "incorrect values" because you've told it to basically. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events