Disable asking questions in a space

Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

We are trialling Confluence Questions and it appears users do not understand the effect of asking a question in a space. Rather, they are assuming they need to select a space and, if a space does not exist that is appropriate for their topic, they are asking it in a personal space.

It would be nice to have the "Only people who can see this space will see your question" message displayed beneath the space selector, instead of the somewhat vague indication that a padlock has turned red.

I understand this is a training issue. However, is there a particular addon module I can disable to prevent questions being asked in a space and force them into the general pool?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

To answer my own question, that would be the most obviously named:

Space picker for ask question form (cq.ask.question.space.picker)
Nico n March 2, 2017

hello, I disabled 

Space picker for ask question form (cq.ask.question.space.picker)

so when I ask a question, the space form is not visible. However, when I see the question already asked, it is added automatically to a space I have. I have more spaces and the user has permissions for all those spaces. Could you help me, please?

0 votes
Kelvin Del Monte July 16, 2015

I added the following to the global stylesheet and it worked just fine for me:

/* Hide space picker for questions */
.cq-spacepicker-status, #spaceKey, #s2id_spaceKey
{
    display:none !important;
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events