Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence login issue and Jira Confluence Integeration issue

Leena Bakshi October 11, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Confluence 5.6.3 with jira 7.3.3 in dev environment as part of testing before attempting the production upgrade. In our scenario, confluence and stash have JIRA as their User management server. So currently Jira is up and running with version 7.3.3 however now when I took clone of production confluence App server and Database. Confluence App is coming up but when I try to login it doesnt let me and throw the error : "The following error(s) occurred: Sorry an error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again"

Now I thought that maybe I am not able to login because Confluence is not integrated with Jira yet. so tried to add confluence in "JIRA USER SERVER" here it asks only for ip address , passwrod and application name. I am not sure which password it is talking about so I left it blank and then tried to login to confluence and still same eror. I see the following errors in the confluence log:

2017-10-10 12:41:41,383 INFO [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache failed synchronisation complete for directory [ 41779201 ] in [ 499ms ]
2017-10-10 12:41:41,399 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-6] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] pollChanges Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 41779201 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. Go to JIRA home
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.searchUsers(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:378)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.findAllRemoteUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:43)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:62)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:78)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(EventTokenChangedCacheRefresher.java:71)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:1008)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:75)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller.pollChanges(DbCachingDirectoryPoller.java:50)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.DirectoryPollerJobBean.executeInternal(DirectoryPollerJobBean.java:29)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)

3 answers

0 votes

Database Dialect: net.sf.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerIntlDialect
Database URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MORSQLD02.abc.com:1433/confluencetestdb
Database Driver Name: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
Database Driver Version: 1.2.2
Database Name: Microsoft SQL Server
Database Version: 10.00.6241
Database Latency (ms): 16

Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. Go to JIRA home
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:490)
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.andReceive(RestExecutor.java:344)
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.authenticateUser(RestCrowdClient.java:121)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.RemoteCrowdDirectory.authenticate(RemoteCrowdDirectory.java:193)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.authenticateAndUpdateInternalUser(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:253)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.authenticate(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:158)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.authenticateUser(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:292)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric.authenticateUser(ApplicationServiceGeneric.java:141)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:68)
... 154 more
2017-10-10 13:48:45,426 ERROR [http-bio-443-exec-23] [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] authenticateUser Directory 'JIRA Server' is not functional during authentication of 'USERNAME'. Skipped.
2017-10-10 13:48:45,442 WARN [http-bio-443-exec-23] [atlassian.confluence.user.ConfluenceAuthenticator] authenticate OperationFailedException caught while authenticating user <leena.bakshi>.
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:915)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:80)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy49.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.atlassianuser.EmbeddedCrowdAuthenticator.authenticate(EmbeddedCrowdAuthenticator.java:31)
at bucket.user.DefaultUserAccessor.authenticate(DefaultUserAccessor.java:645)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
at com.atlassian.spring.interceptors.SpringProfilingInterceptor.invoke(SpringProfilingInterceptor.java:16)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy60.authenticate(Unknown Source)

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

My bad, the password is set under Admin >User management > JIRA User Server, and there you also specify the IP addresses that are accepted.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

The password you need when setting up the user directory is the one you specified when the application link between Confluence and JIRA was created. Since you are using a copy of your production servers, you should recreate these links so it points to your test environments instead of production.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2017

The password you need when setting up the user directory is the one you specified when the application link between Confluence and JIRA was created. Since you are using a copy of your production servers, you should recreate these links so it points to your test environments instead of production.

Yes , I did point it to cloned server and NOT the production server.

And when setting up Application link  I dont think it asked for any password. However I am getting "Status Unavailable" but in Action where it says GO TO REMOTE, it does go to clone confluence application. Please see the error that I am getting in confluence log. down below.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events