Confluence instance permissions

Rita Kumar March 10, 2015

We are trying to grant access to partners to select areas of our confluence on premise instance.  However, our user group is for employees.  If I create a seperate group and grant that group view access to the main space it says you do not have permission to view, when we grant them permission to users they can see things.  I want to know how to change the default so that if we create another group with the entire directory of employees and partners we can ensure they see what they can.  Or how can I make it such that the partner group can also access things once in a group without being part of the default user group.

Thanks,
Rita 

1 answer

1 vote
HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Add the partner group to the set of groups on Global Permissions.  Then grant that groups space permissions selectively as appropriate.  That way they can log in to Confluence but only see appropriate spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events