Confluence displays UnknownUser<username> after migrating users from Delegated Directory to Confluence Internal Directory

hello all, I have implemented Custom authenticator for Confluence. As part of this I'm migrating all users from Delegated LDAP Directory to  Confleunce Internal Directory. I see a vague Unknown User<username> in all pages for all users..

I have executed following SQL Statements to migrate from LDAP Directory to Internal Directoru

SELECT id FROM CWD_DIRECTORY;

UPDATE cwd_user SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_group SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

// UPDATE FOR CONFLUENCE USERS AND ADMINISTRATORS
UPDATE cwd_membership SET parent_id= <destinationid> WHERE parent_id= <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_group_attribute SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_user_attribute SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

I have re-indexed the confluence But I still see the same issue

Any ideas/thoughts to fix the UnknownUser<username> 

3 answers

Hi Karanam,

Could you please explain why you modified the value in cwd_membersip table? Because the mentioned table does not contain directory_id in it? Also, could you please let us know if you are able to confirm that the users has been migrated once you access their profile from:

Confluence Administrators Menu >> Users >> 

Finally, is any users that has tried to login from LDAP still describe as unknowned users?

Sorry it is my mistake. It is not directory_id in cwd_membership but is parent_id .

May want to take a look at this question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/319872

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

245 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot