Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence displays UnknownUser<username> after migrating users from Delegated Directory to Confluence Internal Directory

Karanam Subbarao January 15, 2015

hello all, I have implemented Custom authenticator for Confluence. As part of this I'm migrating all users from Delegated LDAP Directory to  Confleunce Internal Directory. I see a vague Unknown User<username> in all pages for all users..

I have executed following SQL Statements to migrate from LDAP Directory to Internal Directoru

SELECT id FROM CWD_DIRECTORY;

UPDATE cwd_user SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_group SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

// UPDATE FOR CONFLUENCE USERS AND ADMINISTRATORS
UPDATE cwd_membership SET parent_id= <destinationid> WHERE parent_id= <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_group_attribute SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

UPDATE cwd_user_attribute SET directory_id = <destinationid> WHERE directory_id = <sourceid>;

I have re-indexed the confluence But I still see the same issue

Any ideas/thoughts to fix the UnknownUser<username> 

4 answers

0 votes
Leena Bakshi January 14, 2020

did we ever get this resolve? facing the exact same issue

0 votes
Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

May want to take a look at this question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/319872

0 votes
Karanam Subbarao January 15, 2015

Sorry it is my mistake. It is not directory_id in cwd_membership but is parent_id .

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Hi Karanam,

Could you please explain why you modified the value in cwd_membersip table? Because the mentioned table does not contain directory_id in it? Also, could you please let us know if you are able to confirm that the users has been migrated once you access their profile from:

Confluence Administrators Menu >> Users >> 

Finally, is any users that has tried to login from LDAP still describe as unknowned users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events