Can you track users

Cindy O_Grady November 28, 2019

I was curious if you could track users in Confluence.

Meaning someone goes in and "follows" or links to your page or shows you that they want to be added as part of a community. 

I know you can track people who have viewed etc but i am hoping to have a way someone can say YES I want to be part of this group- that act will then have them be included in meetings etc.

1 answer

0 votes
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2019

Hi @Cindy O_Grady 

There are a couple of options:

- Watch the space or page

- Like the space or page

As space or system admin you will be able to see who'll are watching the page. Unsure if you consider this as tracking them. 

If they watch the space - they will be notified every time something new happens on it.

If they watch the page, all edits can be seen by them. 

Now you can control these emails i.e. if you don't want them to see small edits - you can use an add on - no email storm, where you can choose when to notify watchers. 

All of this depends on your use-case. Is it external or internal? But I think the above is perhaps a good way to get them to take action: 'Watch the page or space' and you can track how many people and who are watching it. 

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers

Poorvi

P.S: If this answers your question, appreciate you accepting my answer. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events