Can someone else change an answer to a comment

Is it possible for "semi-moderators", to change answers to comments, as I think to have observed it?

2 answers

1 accepted

Thanks for the answer, Julien. So users with 1500+ reputation can change answers to comments and comments to answers. I hope, they do it correctly, because there is no way back.

Does the owner of the posting receive a notification, if a "moderator" changes the answer to a comment?

And what happens with the posting date: If an answer is converted to a comment, does the time it has been posted remain the same?

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Sep 24, 2014

I created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1426 to track the request to send notifications when a content type is changed. Yes, the posting date will be changed when it is converted.

Hi @Joe Clark [Atlassian], thanks for your time and your comment. If possible, some improvements would be helpful:

1. Julien as answered the question on the 11 Sep, but this information is no longer there after the ansnwer was converted to a comment, even not as a foot note.
  2. Probably it was not Julien, who as converted it, but there is no information about the person that as done it. A comment at the bottom of the posting would bring clarity.
Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Sep 30, 2014

Feel free to suggest any improvements directly against the product's bug tracker - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ

Yes, users with 1500+ reputation can change answers to comments and comments to answers. smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

46 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot