Build user community using Confluence and JIRA

Shengyu Chen October 26, 2018

I really like how you guys created this Atlassian Community for FAQ, Forum, interest groups, user guides, playbook and everything. From what I have observed, everything seems to be built on top of Confluence and JIRA core with customization. I'd like to build something similar for my product. All my product documentation, cases + tickets are on JIRA + Confluence. So far I will just keep this community to the product partners ( people who will deploy the product and manage the product at client for us). My basic use case is to:

1. Have a gated access to these support documentation/resources for these users 

2. Give some of these professional services team the ability to create FAQ documents themselves on an ongoing basis.

3. Have some landing page + navigation similar to your community page

4. Hopefully in the future, build the reddit like forum or your forum for more types of users including clients themselves. 

I am wondering if these use cases are feasible? Where and how should I start? 

Thanks a bunch!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2018

Actually, no.  

The last version of Community (called Answers) was Confluence Questions.  This platform is "Lithium"

Lithium doesn't have much integration with the Atlassian products.  If your users are working in Jira and Confluence, I'd strongly recommend continuing there and looking at adding Questions and maybe service desk for your end-users.

Shengyu Chen October 26, 2018

Thanks for the fast reply. Is this the Lithium you are talking about? https://www.lithium.com/products/online-communities/ 

From the screenshot that was provided, it seems pretty plain and boring though. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2018

Yup.  Atlassian have some developers customising it for us.  But it is independent of their products - the only integration so far is the ID system (Atlassian accounts)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events