Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Story Points

SUJU PILLAI June 21, 2017

the column is coming blank for me always, how to do the baseline?

3 answers

1 vote
Amanda {Praecipio} November 9, 2017

To set the "Original Story Points" in Portfolio, you can either manually populate the column or you can Set Targets

When you hover over an item in the Scope tab of a Plan, you will see a checkbox (this is the same checkbox you can use to exclude an item from the Plan). If you check that, another set of menus appears next to Scope at the top of the scope list. Click the one that says Set Targets. Set Original Story Points from Current allows you to populate the Original Story Points column with what is currently in the Story Points column. 

This also allows you to view the Target Schedule under the Schedule menu next to the calculate button.

Story Points Column will populate from the hierarchy in JIRA plus the points listed in the Story Points Column. 

Hope that helps! 

0 votes
David Markowski (DO NOT USE) November 13, 2018

I dont see the option for Set Targets.  how do I enable that? 

Amanda {Praecipio} November 13, 2018

In a Plan on the Scope Tab...

On the Scope Detail (the list of issues), to the right of the # sign, there's a checkbox. If you check it, that will allow you to set targets (like the original story points). 

There's not a way to "enable it" (unless you're running an old version of Portfolio for Jira). 2.18 is the latest. I don't remember which version added Target Schedules, but I believe it's been live since August 2017. 

Claus Schneider ( Praqma ) November 29, 2018

I a using Cloud and I am not able to find the setting.. ?

image.png

Amanda {Praecipio} November 29, 2018

Hi, Claus! 

In the upper right hand corner, next to Calculate, you should be able to switch between Schedule, Capacity, and Target Schedule. 

Select Target Schedule

Once you've done that, go ahead and select the issues again, and Set Targets should show up next to Exclude from Plan. I've included the link about Target Dates from the Cloud documentation below. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/add-target-start-and-target-due-dates-868977060.html

David Markowski (DO NOT USE) November 29, 2018

@Amanda {Praecipio} I  hate to say it but I've tried that and its not showing up 

0 votes
Marco Pazzanese June 21, 2017

I think is up to you.  The column is inside Portfolio, and I don't think will come to Portfolio any value from JIRA.  

Marco Pazzanese June 21, 2017

Errata Corrige:  just tried on a Time based Plan and it works. I'm wondering about the story points now....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events