Software Deployment Capabilities

Rohan_Krishnan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2024

My company currently uses Bitbucket for our code source control. We currently do not have any system in place to manage our software deployment. Our custom software is currently written in LabVIEW, though we are shifting away from that in the near future to more microcontroller/C++ based systems. Currently, we build the executable version of the software on our development devices. Typically we are deploying software to the computers that run physical robotic system manually, and there are often multiple computers that need to receive the same software update.

As someone who does not know much about software deployment processes:

1.     Can we use Pipelines (or a different platform) to build the executable, then update target user computers on an individual basis, and also keep track of different software versions on different computers?

2.     Can we roll back software versions easily?

3.    Is there a feature request capability?

4.     Is there a way to monitor when a user system is active so we can safely terminate the running process, install the updates, then reopen the software?

Appreciate any advice about this software, or any other available software deployment tools!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events