Pipeline config to allow concurrent deployments to same environment

Justin Spalti July 13, 2024

I have a custom pipeline for each of my applications. They are structured in a way which they do not affect each other. I have four different deployment environments (dev, qa, etc). There are deployment variables which differ between each environment. In trying to see if there's a way to deploy different pipelines to the same environment at the same time. 

App A - Deploy to QA

App B - Deploy to QA

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/deployment-concurrency-control/

I've read that, but it seems reasonable to allow concurrent deployments to the same environment. Assuming those concurrent deployments are for different pipelines/applications. I'd be ok with going down an alternative path if there is one. It takes too long to deploy our apps one after the other. 

Additional Details: I'm using windows runners. I have multiple runners on my build machine. 

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2024

Hi Justin,

I'm afraid that there is no config to allow concurrent deployments to the same environment. I can create a feature request for our development team to consider, please feel free to let me know if you'd like me to do that.

You could work around this issue in one of the following two ways:

• Create and use multiple deployment environments. For example, instead of QA, create environments QA-A, QA-B etc.
  • Stop using deployment environments and use Repository variables instead (with different variable names for each environment).

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events