Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there Atlassian recommended best practices for issue types for software development

Kim P October 6, 2021

Our Jira instance was originally created by a consulting firm, with the input from our director of product management.  I'm trying to locate any documentation/videos for how Jira recommends the use of issue types, specifically for software development teams and perhaps any coinciding automation.  We're going through some reorganization and business process flow changes and would like to understand better any best practices we should follow.  We now have Premium so would like to take advantage of full capabilities where possible. 

For example - We have a Story, which presumably always has the story writeup, development, code review, QA and documentation....should 5 tasks or subtasks auto create whenever a story is created? Or is it best to just have these business steps as statuses and be part of the workflow for the story? A combination of both? Or any other suggestions.

Any insight as to how other software companies have created their issue types/workflows/automation?  

2 comments

Comment

Rakesh Ramankutty October 8, 2021

Hi Kim, 

We can help you in the reorganization and business process, please let me know if you could connect me on rakesh@holographpressworks.com?

Could we set-up a call during next week to see how your current Jira platform is created and set-up with your existing workflows?

We are present locally in Philadelphia as well to support you.

Thanks,

Rakesh Ramankutty

Julia Shcherbyna _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Kim P 

Pay attention to the add-on Business Process Manager (BPM) that was developed to create and run a team-friendly business process.

It allows:

• create a process template with all steps, instructions, forms, and detailed information;
  • run it in one click, or schedule a start with the required repetition;
  • once it started, all issues will be created for the right assignee and in the right project.

Also, there is an opportunity to connect it with Jira Automation to start the process after the selected trigger.

Here is Use Case that can be interesting for you: How Business Process Manager Add-on helps in product releases

If you have any questions, be free to write me. It's developed by my team. 

Hope it helps

Regard,

Julia

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events