Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roles with user management

Jefferson Andrade July 14, 2023

Hello!

I need to confirm a piece of information I read on this link

In Opsgenie, can only participants configured with owner and admin roles add/remove new members?

Is there any way to create a custom role that allows:

1. the view (without power to change) the billing section;
  2. all other admin duties except the user management part (mainly adding new users)

If I had to choose the most critical access, I'd go with user management.

Best regards,

Jefferson

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2023

Hello @Jefferson Andrade 

This is Mubeen, I will be happy to help.

As I understand you have a specific requirement with user role to accomplish a few specific tasks. Please find the details below for both the requests.

1. Read-only permissions for the billing section are currently not possible. Only the Owner user can view or action the billing/subscriptions. If this is a mandatory requirement you can add the user email address under the "Billing Information" section for "Invoice recipients emails" so the user will receive the invoice emails, but currently there is no UI option available to give read-only permissions for the billing section.

2. With the current product design user management is only restricted to Admin and Owner user roles. However, we have an open feature request open with our engineering team, to allow a custom user role specific to user management. OPSGENIE-1428 is the ticket ID for your reference. 

You can also read about our feature implementation policy.

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Jefferson Andrade August 9, 2023

Hi @Mubeen Mohammed

Apologies for the delay.

Your answer was of great help, however Opsgenie users with the Admin role can still manage users. 

Perhaps the creation of the role, as per the ticket mentioned, can help us in some way, or we can reevaluate and proceed with opening another ticket.

Regards,

Jefferson

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events