Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{"message":"Key format is not valid!"

Ashok Simma February 7, 2022

curl -v -XGET -H "Authorization: GenieKey *****************" 'https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts?searchIdentifier=openAlerts&searchIdentifierType=name&limit=10&sort=createdAt&order=desc'   

I'm trying to invoke the curl but getting this error key format is not valid.  even the same thing I'm getting in python. using the same key which I generated from security settings in my profile.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2022

Follow the same example shown in the doc and ensure that you've generated the correct API key.

Ashok Simma February 8, 2022

I don't see any doc to create API integration 

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Ashok Simma ,

When creating alerts via API, you need to use an API Key from an API Integration, not from API Key Management section. This is because all alerts in Opsgenie are created via integrations, so the API Key used to create alerts via API needs to be tied to an integration.

You can add an API integration by going to one of your teams in Opsgenie > integrations tab > Add integration > select API integration.

2022-02-08_10-20-20.png

2022-02-08_10-24-14.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events