Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the opsgenie terraform provider be re-supported?

Logan May 9, 2019

The Opsgenie provider was retired by Hashicorp because nobody was willing to own it. The Pagerduty provider for Terraform is massively popular and well maintained and it would be nice to have the same manageability features for Opsgenie.  I've asked this question before directly to opsgenie support, but I want to increase visibility to the whole Atlassian community.

See the below github issue for more information:

https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-opsgenie/issues/7

This Terraform provider is scheduled to be archived on September 27th, 2018. HashiCorp may archive providers when they have insufficient activity to maintain them at a level consistent with our open source guidelines and community expectations.

What does archiving mean?

1. The code repository and all commit, issue, and PR history will still be available.
  2. Existing released binaries will remain available on the releases site and available to terraform init.
  3. Documentation for the provider will remain on the Terraform website.
  4. Issues and pull requests are not being monitored, merged, or added.
  5. No new releases will be published.
  6. Nightly acceptance tests may not be run.

If anyone from the community is willing to maintain this provider, please reach out to the Terraform Provider Development Program at terraform-provider-dev@hashicorp.com.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hi @Logan  - we have a feature request entered to become a Terraform provider. At this time it's not available, but it is on the roadmap to be implemented in the future.

Renato Todorov June 14, 2019

Hi @Samir , any timeline for that? "In the future" is very vague and from my experience, it usually means "we're definitely not looking at it".

Is this already an ongoing project in your boards?

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Hi @Renato Todorov  - I don't have an ETA on when it will be completed, but It is actively being worked on.

Like Renato Todorov likes this
Rafael Jesus June 14, 2019

@Samir  I guess its being developed open-sourced right? would you mind sharing the code repo so we keep track? thx

Samir
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2019

Currently it's archived here: https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-opsgenie

Once it's completed, it should be updated in this repository.

tomasz.napierala June 20, 2019

This is critically needed, essentially it's the only missing automation in most stacks. TO be honest we made a decisions to use OpsGenie based on availability of the TF provider and now it's gone. We might need to re-evaluate.

Like # people like this
Logan October 25, 2019

For anyone else wondering where this is now.  There was an announcement here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-articles/Opsgenie-s-Terraform-provider-is-now-live/ba-p/1181712

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events