Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger alert on priority change Jira

Contact IT May 20, 2020

Good morning,

I'm trying to set OpsGenie notification every time Jira ticket is transitioned to Blocker (P1). There's no issue one a new ticket is created with this priority but if someone change afterwards there's no way to receive the alert. What I'm missing? 

Screenshot at May 20 14-39-41.png

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2020

Hi @Contact IT ,

Glad the issue_updated solved the initial problem!

As for your Webhook - it does not look like your JQL accounts for the ticket being reopened; triggering the Webhook when this action is taken on the alert. Which is most likely why you cannot find any logs in Opsgenie since we're not receiving anything from Jira.

I ran a few tests on my end and we can receive the reopened status for both Jira and JSD:

JiraEx1.jpgJSDEx1.jpg

So it's really all dependent on what issues / statuses are triggering the Webhook on the Jira side - as well making sure your Opsgenie filters look for these statuses to create alerts
(or filter on whatever action needs to be taken).

I'd suggest using a simpler JQL to test to ensure you can create an alert in Opsgenie when a ticket is reopened - then continue fine-tuning it. Let us know again if you run into any other questions or issues though! =) 

Best,

Nick

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2020

Hi @Contact IT ,

Sounds like the Jira ticket is transitioned to Blocker after it is created - so instead of the condition being;

Event Equals jira:issue_created -> it should be Event Equals jira:issue_updated

Below is an example of a log that shows the priority being increased after the ticket is created, and the event being updated (not created):

JiraPriorityCommunity.jpg

These logs can be reviewed under the Settings tab. I would suggest on your end also reviewing your logs when testing.

You may see a similar error like in my screenshot; "Skipping incomingData, no matching actions found" - which means the data being sent from Jira is not matching what's configured in your integration's Create Alert action filter conditions:

JiraActionFilter.png

Let us know if you have any other questions after reviewing these suggestions and testing!

Best,

Nick

Contact IT May 22, 2020

Thanks Nick,

Now I'm able to receive alerts if I change priority thanks to issue_updated

Unfortunately I can't receive alerts when ticket is reopened, transition from closed to reopened does not work as expected

I'm not able to see any trace on the logs when ticket is transitioned from closed to reopened although I have configured the event trigger

Screenshot at May 22 09-11-27.png

On Jira Webhook side I have this configured:

Screenshot at May 22 09-13-52.png

Any suggestion about what can be done? 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events