Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Opsgenie notification during none on-call hours

Tomasz Bis May 26, 2022

Hi,

I have set up a new Team in Opsgenie. That teams is on a rota.

Members of that Team DO NOT cover Monday - Friday 9:00-17:00 (as this is OOH's Team only).

They are on the following Rota:

Weekdays (Mon-Friday): 17:00 - 22:00

Weekends:

Saturday: 9:00-22:00 and Sunday: 10:00-17:00

During the above hours I would expect them to receive Opsgenie notifications only.

I don't want to use 'quiet hours', I would like to stop alerts coming from Jira to Opsgenie to their team during their none on-call hours.

Here is the template of our webhook: JQL: assignee is "Tomasz Bis" AND issuetype = "Email request" OR issuetype = Kiosk AND issuetype not in ("Issue One", "Issue Two") OR reporter in ("tomasz.bis@companyEMAIL")

The integration between Jira and Opsgenie is working. 
The only problem I have is, that the notifications are coming through even during their non on call hours on their rota.

We don't really need receiving anything from Jira to Opsgenie during none on-call hours.

How to stop that please?

Many Thanks

Tomasz

1 answer

0 votes
Arumugam M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hi Tomasz,

This is Arumugam here, happy to help!

Understand that you would like to stop Opsgenie from notifying users when they are not on-call.

In Opsgenie, you can use routing rules and route the alerts to a specific escalation policy or schedule based on when the alert comes in to the team.

You may also use Notification policies to suppress the notifications.

You can learn more about routing rules and how they work here.

You can find more information about notification policies here.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Arumugam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events