Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send automatic alerts to Opsgenie from Security Hub without choosing Custom Action option manually b

Daman Malik March 22, 2022

My Security Hub report runs every hour and I want to send an alert to Opsgenie everytime Compliance Status shows as "Failed" for a finding automatically without manual intervention, that is, user selecting custom action as an option manually that is integrated with CloudWatch Events and SNS. One possible way is creating Lambda that runs every hour, Can you please suggest any other option?

Steps mentioned under "https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-amazon-security-hub/" involved manual intervention of selecting custom action option everytime

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Daman Malik ,

Happy to help!

I would recommend opening up a Support Case with Opsgenie so that we can examine your setup, but Opsgenie is a listening platform, so we can filter for alert payloads coming in from Security Hub as a means of automatic action taken using Action Filters . In lieu of an automatic check on the Security Hub side, that automatic job would likely be the best way of getting the "Failure" payload over to Opsgenie for alert creation.

As I mentioned, a Support Case would likely benefit you since we'll be able to see your setup, but let us know here if you have any follow up questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events