Rule[NoRule][Create] -> Skipped sending notification, user has no active rules

Miroslav Stopka February 22, 2022

Hi, 

Im trying to set alert with notifications after specific issue is created. After several hours i have managed to get automatically created alert but the notification is not sent.

This is the alert log message

notification  John Smith "Rule[NoRule][Create] -> Skipped sending notification, user has no active rules"

And the notification is not sent.

But for that specific account John Smith there are created notification rules in section /settings/user/notification for New Alert - notification via email and notification via email. 

Am I missing something? 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

If I had to guess the alert that tried notifying you did not have the tag "URGENT" - or it did, but did not match the regex. 

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Miroslav Stopka ,

This user most likely doesn't have a matching New Alert notification rule configured.

Maybe their rule has a filter, time restriction, etc. If you have permissions to check their rules, you should be able to review them here:

nrc1.jpgnrc2.jpg

Actually, thats my account. Here is the configuration:

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 22.18.02.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

If I had to guess the alert that tried notifying you did not have the tag "URGENT" - or it did, but did not match the regex. 

The issue has Label URGENT - automatically added.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 22.32.16.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

And are the labels being added as tags on the Opsgenie alerts? Is this tag shown in the same alert you're having issues with?

I tested with the rule you shared, and was able to successfully be notified:

nr3.jpgnr4.jpg

That regex is case sensitive though and needs to match exact, otherwise it will not work:

nr5.jpg

If you're looking for a "friendlier" regex that disregards case sensitivity, you could use something like this:

(?i).*urgent

nr6.jpgnr7.jpg

Hey man, God bless you :),

It is working now. 

Thank you for your fast and useful help. 

Like Nick H likes this

@Nick H  I have one more question. Is it possible to configure SMS content? For example to add attribute "Alias" from Alert.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2022

That unfortunately is not possible at this time. "The SMS content includes the alert message and the short URL for the alert."

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/send-voice-and-sms-notifications/#SMS-Notifications

So you'd have to include the alias in the message field either through the integration's advanced tab under each create alert actions' message field:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/use-advanced-integration-settings/#Alert-Fields

or modify the alert at creation with an alert policy to add the alias into the message field:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/create-and-manage-global-alert-policies/

Note both of these options / functionality are included with only the Standard and Enterprise plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events