Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parse one tag value from the tags on the New Relic integration message alert fields

Alexander Blagus Vital de Souza October 28, 2021

Hi everyone!

I have a New Relic integration in my OpsGenie that works pretty well, with working tags incoming from New Relic. I would like to parse the value of a single tag from my notification channel into the Message field of the integration. Please refer to the screenshots bellow:

Screenshot_20211028_134529.png  Screenshot_20211028_134611.png

How do I parse a single tag value in the yellow highlight above?

1 answer

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Alexander Blagus Vital de Souza !

Tags is an "array" field in Opsgenie, so that's why the {{tags.statusPageAppName}} option isn't working for you. That only works on key-value fields like Extra Properties.

For tags, you can use regex or string processing to parse out a specific tag. For example, you could use {{tags.substringAfter("statusPageAppName:")}}

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Samir

That's quite interesting! Thank you very much for the answer and for the reference links! I'll be testing if this works. 

Have a nice day!!

Works like a charm!
I just have to create a better algorithm because the closing braket ("]") is appearing, as expected. I'll refer to the docs to create a refined parser.

thank you very so much!

Like # people like this

For the final solution I used Regular Expressions. This one works well with another tags or with just one:

{{tags.extract(/(cmp_)([^\,\:]+)/,2)}}

Screenshot_20211028_162344.png

As seen, I am using the existent cmp_ tags already used for the StatusPage integration.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events