• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Opsgenie push update to Jira SD doesn't work

Hi guys , 

I'm trying to enable two way communication from Opsgenie to Service desk project , but despite I configured everything i found in the manual pages , It just won't make an update into the service desk ticket. Is there something I'm missing ?

I configured automation part in SD , issues created + matches type Incident + opsgenie team webhook api key

Opsgenie JiraService Desk webhook have market send updates to SD when matched all alerts with default mapping , I filled URL , username , password and project key accordingly , but when i ack the alert no comment is created in the SD ticket.

Am I missing something ?

Both products are cloud based subscriptions , JiraSD is free sub , Opsgenie is Enterprise sub.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet Atlassian Team Apr 16, 2020

Hi @Miroslav Janousek Great question! Did you check the logs to see what the error message says? That might help us determine what's going on there. 

Best,

Kate 

Hi @Kate Clavet , yes , later I noticed in the history log there's a log entry that says "Could not send [addComment] action to JiraServiceDesk .... Reason: 403 Forbidden" , and just now i found debug log saying

"responseBody": "Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance\n",

Is there some configuration option in the JiraSD integration that i missed ? I filled in all credential parameters.

Like Kate Clavet likes this

I just solved it , I had to configure API token in my user profile settings in the Jira SD and use it as password. The updates are working now.

New day , fresh mind...

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet Atlassian Team Apr 17, 2020

Hi @Miroslav Janousek glad you figured it out! Thanks for letting me know. Have a great day! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Opsgenie and Amazon team up to launch new DevOps Guru integration - now available!

We’re proud to announce that our integration with Amazon DevOps Guru is now live. The Amazon and Opsgenie product teams have worked together to build a deep integration between Opsgenie and the new...

309 views 0 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you