Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie push update to Jira SD doesn't work

Miroslav Janousek April 16, 2020

Hi guys , 

I'm trying to enable two way communication from Opsgenie to Service desk project , but despite I configured everything i found in the manual pages , It just won't make an update into the service desk ticket. Is there something I'm missing ?

I configured automation part in SD , issues created + matches type Incident + opsgenie team webhook api key

Opsgenie JiraService Desk webhook have market send updates to SD when matched all alerts with default mapping , I filled URL , username , password and project key accordingly , but when i ack the alert no comment is created in the SD ticket.

Am I missing something ?

Both products are cloud based subscriptions , JiraSD is free sub , Opsgenie is Enterprise sub.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hi @Miroslav Janousek Great question! Did you check the logs to see what the error message says? That might help us determine what's going on there. 

Best,

Kate 

Hi @Kate Clavet , yes , later I noticed in the history log there's a log entry that says "Could not send [addComment] action to JiraServiceDesk .... Reason: 403 Forbidden" , and just now i found debug log saying

"responseBody": "Basic auth with password is not allowed on this instance\n",

Is there some configuration option in the JiraSD integration that i missed ? I filled in all credential parameters.

Like Kate Clavet likes this

I just solved it , I had to configure API token in my user profile settings in the Jira SD and use it as password. The updates are working now.

New day , fresh mind...

Like # people like this
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2020

Hi @Miroslav Janousek glad you figured it out! Thanks for letting me know. Have a great day! 

Devin Ponda June 28, 2021

Where is this located? 

I just solved it , I had to configure API token in my user profile settings in the Jira SD and use it as password. The updates are working now.

New day , fresh mind...

Miroslav Janousek June 28, 2021

You click on your profile icon --> manage your account --> security tab --> manage API tokens

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security

Like Devin Ponda likes this
Devin Ponda June 29, 2021

Thank you Miroslav! 

I do have a ticket open with support to determine how I can use a generic 'service' account for this OpsGenie to Jira SM integration instead a named user account.

Thanks again!

Miroslav Janousek June 29, 2021

I solved this one by registering our functional mailbox as operator and linked it with JiraSD , yes you spend one account entitlement but it works 🤷‍♂️

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events