Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie JSM Ticket Creation By Count Threshold?

Robert (Bobby) Mittendorf December 8, 2023

We are trying to configure the JSM integration in a way that seems like it would be basic functionality. Basically, we just want to set a condition to have the JSM integration only create tickets if the count on a given alert goes above a certain threshold. Is there any way to do this and better yet can the count be passed to JSM as a custom field as well? Google, forums, and GPT haven't gotten me anywhere so hopefully someone here can help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2023

Hey Robert,

It is not directly possible to filter Alerts for Integrations via their count threshold. However, there is a workaround you can apply:

1. Create a "Dummy" team and add the JSM integration to that dummy team.
  2. On the team that the alerts are going to, create an escalation policy that routes these alerts to that dummy team. And add a routing rule on this team to filter for these specific alerts, and route them to this escalation policy.
  3. On this (original, not dummy) team, add a Notification policy that filters for these alerts, and delays notifications until the count reaches X.

How it works:

1. Alert gets created and applies Notification rule which delays notifications until count reaches X.
  2. Once count reaches X, notification flow begins and alert matches routing rule which routes it to the escalation which has the "route to dummy team" step.
  3. Alert gets routed to dummy team and triggers the JSM integration on this team which creates the JSM ticket.

Best regards,

Robert (Bobby) Mittendorf December 12, 2023

Alright, I think I got it! I've successfully seen the system create a ticket at the desired threshold, so thank you!

I have one follow up question. With this structure, it looks like automated ticket closure doesn't trigger. Is there any way to keep that functionality as well? For context, the request here is that:

1. Alerts only generate JSM tickets after 8 consecutive failures (Done)
  2. Alerts that go over 16 consecutive failures should have their associated JSM tickets auto assigned
    1. I know what to do on the JSM side, but getting the data from Opsgenie is where I'm struggling
  3. Alerts that self resolve before 16 failures automatically close the JSM ticket without assigning to anyone

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events