cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie voice numbers in China

hongksun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2024

Hi all,

I've been setting a bypass rule on my cell phone for all OpsGenie numbers published in the doc. However, I got a page this morning when OpsGenie was calling me from +86 (10) 5225-3354 instead of the published +86 (10) 8639-1403. 

What are the current numbers used by OpsGenie voice gateway these days? Can we make sure to update the documentation (the vcf file) and make announcements about this?

I had to rely on the voice call bypass for the provided OpsGenie numbers for convenience, as the OpsGenie Android app's notification bypass isn't very helpful. The Android app can only take the phone out of silence / vibration mode without setting it back afterwards. The phone could ring for notifications from other apps afterwards, and I would have to toggle the switch to set it back to the silence or the vibration-only modes.

3 answers

0 votes
Mona Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2024

Hi there,

We're working with our internal teams to update the Chinese v-card numbers with these numbers in this doc
+86 (10) 8639 1403
+861052253349

Here's the internal ticket ID for your reference: JCCB-766

Please feel free to reach out to us here if you have any further queries or concerns and we'll be happy to assist :)

Regards,
Mona 

0 votes
Benjamin Lea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

Hi @Brennan Kiely, just a heads up that the vCard has been updated but the support page that lists the numbers has not: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/send-voice-and-sms-notifications/

If new phone numbers are added in the future, it'd be ideal if Atlassian communicated this to us. Our team members weren't aware that there was a vCard update until one of our China-based engineers missed an alert call from the new number.

Benjamin Lea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 7, 2024

Ah sorry, I meant to post this as a reply to Brennan's answer, not as a new answer.

Mona Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Benjamin Lea

Thanks for pointing this out. We have taken your feedback and will work with our internal teams to update the Support doc with the newly updated vcard.

Also, we'll make sure to announce it beforehand if any new phone numbers are added in the future. Your point is noted and it definitely makes sense :)

In case, you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us here and we'll be happy to help :)

Regards,
Mona Singh

0 votes
Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2024

Hi!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've confirmed we do place calls from that number as well and created a bug ticket to get the vCard updated:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1887

-Brennan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events