Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie nagios configuration for multiple teams in the business

Karan Perti July 8, 2021

Hi,

Is there any way to integrate OpsGenie with Nagios to notify different teams based on the alert triggered. 

I'm not sure if generating two individual API Keys for Nagios integration would work in this case. Currently, the alerts triggered in Nagios are going to a single team configured in OpsGenie but need it to be dynamic enough to send the alerts to a different team. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
connor mcguane July 8, 2021

So, if you know which alerts go to which team, you should be able to create multiple "Create" statements, and then assign the responder that way.  You would just need to filter each Create setting.2021-07-08 11_58_51-Opsgenie - Integration.png

Karan Perti July 9, 2021

Thanks Connor, 

Is there anyway to configure two Nagios OpsGenie integration keys into the Nagios configuration? 

I've managed to get Nagios and OpsGenie integration to work based on a single API key but wondering if its possible to create two individual API keys for different teams so Nagios alerts based on which API key has been configured for the alert?

Not sure if the below is possible to do  - 

"define command {
command_name notify-service-by-opsgenie
command_line /home/opsgenie/oec/opsgenie-nagios/send2opsgenie -apiKey="5c4950b5-14a1-45d9-9f31-1f6f3f8a7c97" -apiKey="b7f718d4-8650-4759-a19d-8d59c3937cb4" "

connor mcguane July 9, 2021

You should just be able to create a second Nagios integration.  We have multiple integrations of the same type in our environment, no problem.

connor mcguane July 9, 2021

Just to clarify, if this is more on the Nagios side, I apologize, I am unfamiliar with how that tech is configured.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events