It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue with Nagios2Opsgenie Edited

I'm just starting to integrate our Nagios with Opsgenie.  I created a service template and assigned it to a test service.  In the logs, when switching to criticals I see nagios2opsgenie being called but I get the following warning:

WARNING Stopping, Nagios NOTIFICATIONTYPE param has no value, please make sure your Nagios and OpsGenie files pass necessary parameters

My service is defined with the following:

define service {
   name ops-genie-notify
   service_description /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios2opsgenie
   display_name Nagiso to OpsGenie
   use passive_service
   check_command notify-service-by-opsgenie
   is_volatile 0
   max_check_attempts 1
   active_checks_enabled 0
   passive_checks_enabled 1
   check_period 24x7
   check_freshness 0
   event_handler notify-service-by-opsgenie
   event_handler_enabled 1
   flap_detection_enabled 0
   retain_status_information 1
   retain_nonstatus_information 1
   notification_interval 60
   notification_period 24x7
   notification_options c,r
   notifications_enabled 1
   stalking_options c
   _AlertTeam MOC
   register 0
}

The command is defined as:

define command {
command_name notify-service-by-opsgenie
command_line /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios2opsgenie -entityType=service -t="$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$" -ldt="$LONGDATETIME$" -hn="$HOSTNAME$" -hdn="$HOSTDISPLAYNAME$" -hal="$HOSTALIAS$" -haddr="$HOSTADDRESS$" -hs="$HOSTSTATE$" -hsi="$HOSTSTATEID$" -lhs="$LASTHOSTSTATE$" -lhsi="$LASTHOSTSTATEID$" -hst="$HOSTSTATETYPE$" -ha="$HOSTATTEMPT$" -mha="$MAXHOSTATTEMPTS$" -hei="$HOSTEVENTID$" -lhei="$LASTHOSTEVENTID$" -hpi="$HOSTPROBLEMID$" -lhpi="$LASTHOSTPROBLEMID$" -hl="$HOSTLATENCY$" -het="$HOSTEXECUTIONTIME$" -hd="$HOSTDURATION$" -hds="$HOSTDURATIONSEC$" -hdt="$HOSTDOWNTIME$" -hpc="$HOSTPERCENTCHANGE$" -hgn="$HOSTGROUPNAME$" -hgns="$HOSTGROUPNAMES$" -lhc="$LASTHOSTCHECK$" -lhsc="$LASTHOSTSTATECHANGE$" -lhu="$LASTHOSTUP$" -lhd="$LASTHOSTDOWN$" -lhur="$LASTHOSTUNREACHABLE$" -ho="$HOSTOUTPUT$" -lho="$LONGHOSTOUTPUT$" -hpd="$HOSTPERFDATA$" -s="$SERVICEDESC$" -sdn="$SERVICEDISPLAYNAME$" -ss="$SERVICESTATE$" -ssi="$SERVICESTATEID$" -lss="$LASTSERVICESTATE$" -lssi="$LASTSERVICESTATEID$" -sst="$SERVICESTATETYPE$" -sa="$SERVICEATTEMPT$" -msa="$MAXSERVICEATTEMPTS$" -siv="$SERVICEISVOLATILE$" -sei="$SERVICEEVENTID$" -lsei="$LASTSERVICEEVENTID$" -spi="$SERVICEPROBLEMID$" -lspi="$LASTSERVICEPROBLEMID$" -sl="$SERVICELATENCY$" -set="$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$" -sd="$SERVICEDURATION$" -sds="$SERVICEDURATIONSEC$" -sdt="$SERVICEDOWNTIME$" -spc="$SERVICEPERCENTCHANGE$" -sgn="$SERVICEGROUPNAME$" -sgns="$SERVICEGROUPNAMES$" -lsch="$LASTSERVICECHECK$" -lssc="$LASTSERVICESTATECHANGE$" -lsok="$LASTSERVICEOK$" -lsw="$LASTSERVICEWARNING$" -lsu="$LASTSERVICEUNKNOWN$" -lsc="$LASTSERVICECRITICAL$" -so="$SERVICEOUTPUT$" -lso="$LONGSERVICEOUTPUT$" -snu="$SERVICENOTESURL$" -spd="$SERVICEPERFDATA$"
register 1
}

In looking at the golang script notification type is set with the flag t but that doesn't do anything.  

I've tried with the arguments, without, pretty much everything I can think of but doesn't seem like my service command is configured correctly.  

Does anyone have an example that I can use to see what I'm missing here?  

Thanks!

1 answer

Neverrmind, apparently NOTIFICATIONTYPE is not used in service checks so it's sending an empty string.  I just switched it to be "PROBLEM" and that worked fine.  Though I guess my question would be if I want to send OpsGenie a message when a service goes to critical using a check service command, why is nagios2opsgenie expecting a non-empty string in the notification type field?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What’s New in Opsgenie October 2019

Hi there, we have a lot of exciting announcements this month, specifically around Dark Mode. You don’t want to miss out!    Dark Mode for Mobile App is here! A few weeks ago, we annou...

1,403 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you