Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to close the alerts in BULK using API?

Agrawal Shashank October 5, 2022

Hi, I have some alerts being fed into Ops-Genie but there are times when there are 100s of alerts OPEN without being acknowledged. Is there a way to close them using API call CLOSE API

I tried to do it and I was able to close one single alert but how can i close alerts in bulk based on the source from where they are originating OR may be a text in the message. Something like if the alerts message contains a text "Splunk", then close all of the open alerts with that text.

Best Regards,
Shashank

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2022

Hi @Agrawal Shashank ,

Since the Close Alert API requires an identifier to determine which alert to close, and is limited to the possible values of idtiny and alias - it's not possible to bulk close alerts through the API.

Workaround:

Within the Alerts tab - create a query on these types of alerts, select multiple at a time, and bulk close them that way.

You may need to scroll down through the page so more alerts populate, then you can select more than 25 alerts at a time:

close1.jpg

I just opened a feature request for this functionality you can follow, watch and vote for here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-946

If there is the need to close thousands of alerts at once, please open a ticket with Opsgenie support here: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

Agrawal Shashank October 5, 2022

Thanks @Nick H I thought the same that there won't be any way to close the bulk alerts using the API. Though It would be good to have that feature so it can be done programmatically instead of doing it via GUI.

For now I have closed them by selecting them in bulk from GUI.

Thanks for the response.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events