Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop slack integration for alerting in weekend?

Chagit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

Hi,

we have an integration with Slack to get a message in Slack for critical alerts.

image.png

We have some heartbeat configurations with level P1-critical severity that we want to get a message in Slack when the heartbeat doesn't work. 

But since we are talking about scheduled tasks in Windows Servers, most of our apps are not running at weekends, so we don't want to get a Slack message on weekends for these heartbeats.

As we see, Opsgenie doesn't support the option to configure these settings in integrations, only in Policies.

We tried to configure the Policy with tags to not create notifications on weekends:image.png

But we do get notifications to Slack.

Any idea how we can stop sending the notifications to Slack?

2 answers

0 votes
Rao Awais
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2024

To stop Slack integrations for alerts during weekends in Chagit, you can adjust notification settings or integrations within your Chagit platform or the specific tool that's integrated with Slack.

Here are general steps you might follow:

1. **Chagit Settings:** Check Chagit's notification settings. Look for options to customize or pause alerts during specific times, like weekends.

2. **Tool Integration:** If the alerts come from a specific tool integrated with Slack (e.g., monitoring tools, task management apps), visit that tool's settings. Often, these tools have notification scheduling options or settings to control when alerts are sent to Slack.

3. **Slack Notification Preferences:** Alternatively, you can modify your Slack notification preferences for the specific channel receiving these alerts. You might mute notifications or adjust settings to snooze alerts during weekends.

If you're an admin or have access to Chagit's settings, explore these options to customize the alerting schedule based on your preferences, including weekend downtime.

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2024

Hey Chagit, Alan from the Opsgenie Support team here.

It is currently not possible to delay/suppress outbound integration notifications, but we do have an open feature request for this functionality, so I would suggest voting on the issue and watching it for updates:

OPSGENIE-726 

For the time being, your best bet would be to manage this directly with the alert creation rules and tags, if possible - So you could configure the integration to not create an alert at all if the tags contain something like "WeekendSkip", but I'm not sure if you would be able to configure this to be sent from your heartbeats based on the day/time.

Let me know if this makes sense, and if there is anything else we can try to assist with!

If you need more detailed assistance for your instance or configuration, I would also suggest opening a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Regards,

Alan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events