Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create channel :: restricted_action

Joshua Bornman April 14, 2022

I am getting the following error message when I try to connect a Slack channel to an Incident for response

"Could not create channel :: restricted_action"

I have set up integration with SlacScreenshot 2022-04-14 114407.png

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2022

Hi Joshua,

It may be a setting on your slack channel management under under settings & permissions. You'll want to make sure it's set to "Everyone plus Multi-Channel Guests (default)" if it's not already. 

Joshua Bornman April 21, 2022

Hi John

Thanks for this, I have reached out to our admin for assistance in checking the permissions.

While we wait, I wanted to find out if there is integration like this for Microsoft Teams? I have seen capability for alerts but not necessarily for chat communications?

Microsoft Teams is our company chat platform and it would be much preferred if the relevant teams could communicate there

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi Joshua,

We do have a MS Teams integration, that has mostly the same functionality as our slack integration. 

Joshua Bornman April 22, 2022

Hi John

Unless I'm missing something it only seems like the Teams integration is related to Alerts:

Teams.png

Also there are specific sections for Slack when it comes to incident management and channels but nothing for Teams:Communication channel.pngSlack for incident management.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events