Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Integration not closing alert after receiving "Resolved" status from Azure

André de Zwart January 5, 2022

Hi all,

I've set up an Azure integration to handle alerting and I'm looking for a way to automatically close the alert on OpsGenie as soon as the Azure Alert reports that the issue is resolved. 

I've been looking at other questions, and one seems similar except that I don't see a lot of things that are on the screenshots in that question ("Actions" side bar and "Filter" sections for example).

I feel like it's stripped down and doesn't have a lot of options to configure the alerts:

2022-01-06_08h47_25.png

The "Actions" side bar and "Filters" section seems to be what I need to properly set up what I need. Could someone explain me how to get those?

Kind regards,

André

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
André de Zwart January 12, 2022

Regarding the part of this issue that Alerts where not being closed by the Azure webhook callback: When creating an action group in Azure and using the Webhook action type, you have to explicitly set the usage of the Common Alert schema:

2022-01-12_09h28_52.png

When this switch is set to "Yes" the common alert schema will be used and the "Status" property of the payload will contain the expected value of "Resolved". This will trigger the OpsGenie integration to close the alert.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi @André de Zwart ,

This is because you are on a plan that does not include Advanced Integrations feature. Advanced integrations is what allows you to modify the integration and customize the filters for which requests from Azure will create  an alert, and which requests will close an alert.

Since you do not have this feature, your integration has the "Default" filters set up like this.

Create Alert Action - when Azure sends a request that matches this filter, it creates an alert in Opsgenie

2022-01-07_11-03-21.png

Close Alert Action - when Azure sends a request that matches this filter, it will close the corresponding alert in Opsgenie

2022-01-07_11-04-27.png

You can check the logs in your account to see the request being received from Azure, to se if it's not matching this filter. However since you don't have a plan that includes Advanced Integrations, you will not be able to modify that Close Alert Action filter. You would have to upgrade to a plan that includes this feature.

Thanks,

Samir

André de Zwart January 9, 2022

Thanks, this really helped. I've found the logs and the webhook call for closing is indeed received by OpsGenie, but logging indicates that no matching actions are found.

Kind regards,

André de Zwart

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events