Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerting, on-call, and incident management features from Opsgenie into Jira Service Managemen

Aaron Hunt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2024

I recently received an email from Atlassian outlining them bringing alerting, on-call, and incident management features from Opsgenie into Jira Service Management.

We use Opsgenie a small amount currently and don't use JSM at all yet, but the prospects of using both more are appealing.  

Question being - are Atlassian trying to make JSM the de facto place for incident management?  Will OpsGenie be around for the long/medium term?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2024

Hi @Aaron Hunt

Hope you are doing fine.

Atlassian seems to be focusing on making Jira Service Management a comprehensive platform for incident management by integrating Opsgenie's capabilities. While Opsgenie continues to exist as a standalone service with its own set of features, the emphasis appears to be on enhancing JSM's functionality through this integration. It's advisable to keep an eye on Atlassian's updates and community feedback for any further changes or developments in their product strategy.

I can tell you for sure, as I use both in the company, the integration works smoothly and provides great set of metrics and decision making features when it comes to incidents and alerts.

Please remember to accept this answer in case it helps you resolve your question as it may also help other community members in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

2 votes
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2024

Hi @Aaron Hunt 👋 and thanks @Eugenio Onofre ! 

To add to what Eugenio wrote our goal is to continue to strengthen the IT Operations experience in Jira Service Management as part of our holistic ITSM solution. While this Opsgenie alerting and on-call functionality has been part of Jira Service Management for a while, we recently streamlined the UI in Jira Service Management Cloud, as mentioned in the email. Opsgenie will continue to be sold as a standalone product for on-call and alert management needs. 

Thanks!
Kate

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events