So about Summit 2019...What's New in Opsgenie?

In lieu of a Best Practice Wednesday post, I thought today I would provide some information around various enhancements announced at Summit 2019. It is after all a "Best Practice" to stay up-to-date on new features in your favorite product, no? Plus we announced a lot of changes 

Here's what you need (read, want) to know: 
1. Opsgenie has a new user interface
The new UI is simplified and easier to navigate. Until April 30, customers have a choice to continue to use the old UI or migrate after April 30 all accounts will use the new UI. Also, Jira Cloud users can now get started with an Opsgenie account via the Site Administration settings.  

2. Opsgenie can help resolve issues faster with Opsgenie Actions
Opsgenie Actions works with AWS Systems Manager to help automate tasks like restarting an AWS EC2 instance or managing security roles. 

3. Timeline and Postmortem reports are now available in Opsgenie
Use Opsgenie Timeline for a single source of truth and learn from every incident with Postmortem reports. 

4. You can monitor external services in Opsgenie, via Statuspage
Thanks to a strengthened integration with Statuspage, you can easily view external services status' directly from the Services page in Opsgenie. 

5. Edge Encryption, is a new offering provides enhanced security in Opsgenie
Using AES, Opsgenie encrypts all alert details and user data preventing access to the raw payload of the alert.

6. Opsgenie Edge Connector (OEC), is a new lightweight app offering 
Deploy Opsgenie OEC on-prem or in the cloud for secure, bi-directional integration for systems not accessible to the internet. 

For more details, view this blog post. And feel free to ask any questions below! I'll of course keep you updated on all the fun stuff coming in the future as well. 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events